Translate

Thursday 6 March 2014

Reiki?

Hi Guys!

So for my 21st birthday one of my clients got me a reiki session which I am doing this weekend. It's safe to say I have never done this before and am not to sure what it entails but I did a little research and this is basically what reiki is: 


"Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is administered by "laying on hands" and is based on the idea that an unseen "life force energy" flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one's "life force energy" is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy."

To be honest if anyone that reads this have undergone this, well, treatment (?) before please get in touch and tell me how it went for you!

So my client told me that I have to talk to the person doing the reiki first to go over any problem areas in my life and the first thing I thought was 'well we're gonna be there longer than an hour then!' but thinking about a relevant issue that I could possibly talk to the reiki master about proved quite hard until earlier today, then it hit me, sleep! 
I had a lot of trouble sleeping because of my depression and anxiety but now my mental illness has kind of taken a back seat and now I sleep like a baby. Yet I'm still exhausted all day, everyday, regardless of how long I have slept or the quality of sleep I have had!

I figured that this would be a really good place to start and I know that things like this tend to be more mind over matter so to speak. That's why I'm going to go into my session with a completely open mind and think about how well this healing is going to make me sleep and how energetic I'm going to be when I'm awake!
Surely it can't hurt to try. And if it actually works, well then it looks like I will have found a solution for my fatigue.
Which would be very welcome!

Stay safe,
Paige
xo   

1 comment:

  1. This paragraph will assist the internet people for creating new blog or
    even a blog from start to end.

    Also visit my website - inurl:reiki

    ReplyDelete