Translate

Saturday 14 June 2014

Homemade Indian style curry

Hi Guys!
I know I haven't posted in ages but things have been pretty hectic. My apologise.

So today I have spent some time making a gorgeous Chicken Curry to have for dinner tomorrow & I thought I would share the recipe with you lovely lot.

My yummy curry!
You will need:
2 onions
butter
meat of your choice
tin of tomatoes
Spices:
Garamasala
Cumin
Turemeric
Curry powder
Chilly power
Paprika
Coriander

This recipe can be adapted to suit your tastes very easily.

So slice the onions up how ever you like them (Personally I chopped mine)
Put them into a large saucepan with about 3 nobs of butter and cook them until they are soft.
Once the onions are done add the meat (Bare in mind that if frozen you will need to defrost the meat and cut it up into chunks or slices) and then give it a good stir.
After that add the spices. It will depend of exactly how spicy you want your curry but I add half a tea spoon of Chilly powder, 2 tea spoons of Curry powder and then 1 teaspoon of the rest of the spices. Once they have all been added stir it well so the meat can absorb the spice. Allow this to cook for about 5 minutes.
Now add the tomatoes. This again can be adapted. As I don't really like tomatoes I only added half a tin to my curry and I also blended it before I added it. If your a fan of tomatoes then it's okay to just tip the whole tin in. Again stir the curry.
If the curry looks a little dry then add some water.
Cook on a low heat for 1 hour and make sure that it doesn't boil dry.
Once it is all cooked leave the curry to rest before serving.
Personally I like to have mine the next day so that it has properly rested and is lovely and thick.

Then enjoy!
Simple as that.

Hope you have some fun making it!

Stay safe
Paige
x





No comments:

Post a Comment