Translate

Tuesday 11 March 2014

Dandruff cure!

Hi Guys!

So for like the past month or so I have had really bad dandruff! I don't know why or how but I've never really had it before so I wasn't to sure how to deal with it. I looked up tons of remedies online, medicinal, herbal and so on just to see the different ways that people had gotten rid of their frankly embarrassing issue.
Obviously not my head but you get the picture!
One of the medicinal remedies I tried was the obvious anti-dandruff shampoo, Head and Shoulders. Well all it did was clean my hair really well and after using it for a good while, it was safe to say I was still not flake free!
I then found this medicinal shampoo called Alphosyl. It's a tar based product and contains tea tree oil which is obviously really good for the skin. I used this for a while to and still no change. 
After trying a few different remedies I thought that maybe some of them might need to be combined in order to sort out my flaky issue.
And that is what I did and will continue doing every 2 weeks to ensure that the dandruff stays at bay.
My remedy is baby oil, salt and Alphosyl!
Sounds strange I know but bare with me and I'll give you a little how to.
  • So Saturday night I massaged (not rubbed!) baby oil into my scalp and left it it overnight. Don't worry about your pillows you can wear a shower cap or a turban to keep your pillow oil free.
  • The next day before washing the oil out I took quite a bit of salt (as much as you need don't be too sparing!) and I massaged it into my scalp. I presume it acts as a type of exfoliant and to be honest it felt so good on my scalp!
  • I then rinsed my hair really well and made sure that there was absolutely no oil or salt left in my hair before I washed my hair with the Alphosyl. You don't need to use a lot of Alphosyl because it lathers up really easily when your hairs wet, so I washed my hair with the shampoo twice then rinsed it so there was no shampoo still in my hair. Rinsing properly is really important because if you don't what can you get? Dandruff! 

  • So anyway as soon as I dried my hair, which I left to dry naturally, there was hardly any flakes! I mean obviously there were still a few but compared to how bad it was before it was a dramatic change!


Now I know everyone reacts differently to different things so I'm not saying that this method will work 100% for you but give it a try, it might surprise you, it certainly surprised me!

Stay safe
Paige
xo

2 comments:

  1. I blog frequently and I truly thank you for your information.
    The article has really peaked my interest. I am going to take a note
    of your website and keep checking for new details
    about once per week. I opted in for your Feed
    as well.

    Also visit my web-site :: inurl:reiki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much :) and I will visit your website and take a look.
      Thank you again.
      Paige xo

      Delete