Translate

Friday 3 January 2014

Tattoo acceptance

Tattoos have such as bad reputation, even in this day and age when tattoos are a lot more common, people still tend to shy away from those with tattoos. A few stereotypes are thugs, rough, a member of a gang, been in prison. The fact of the matter is a lot of people with tattoos are none of those things.
I have 7 tattoos. I am not threatening in anyway. My tattoos aren't a waste of money. Each one represents something very important to me.

This is my name in Japanese (Katakana). This was the first tattoo I got.



My nan passed away 3 years ago. Her ashes were scattered under a cherry blossom tree. I loved her very much and still do.

This is a heartagram (nothing to do with the devil!). Its the sign used for the band H.I.M. Both I and my fiancé have this tattoo. It means a lot.

These roses are for my mum. She loves flowers so I got these to show her my love and appreciation.

This says Megan, Luke and Jake. My little sister and 2 little brothers.
This is my latest tattoo. My great grandma died not long ago from cancer. My nan also died from cancer and the majority of the people I have lost have had cancer. This is a cancer ribbon mixed with the norse sign for family. This is my favourite.

My fiancé gets tattoos just because he likes how they look and that's perfectly fine, but just because people don't have the same tastes as him or because his tattoos are extensive people tend to steer clear of him regardless of the fact that he is the nicest man I've ever met.
I honestly believe that unless your tattoos are offensive or obscene that you shouldn't have to cover your tattoos whether for a job or school or just because they aren't to others tastes. Tattoos are a part of an individual. They are creative and expressive. To some they tell their personal stories. To others they are art.


I suppose just don't judge a book by it's cover.

Stay safe,
Paige xo

No comments:

Post a Comment