Translate

Wednesday 1 January 2014

New Year

So arrives another new year, 2014 just as promising as the last. All the new and wonderful things you hope and plan to encounter in this year, maybe even made a resolution to do so; the possibility of what the future year holds is greatly, well, exaggerated. Let's face it your chances of winning the lottery are exactly the same this year as any other. Your chances of finding love haven't increased and that weight you've resolved to lose, well, let's be honest you make that same promises everyday. So why do we think our chances of success lie with the beginning of yet another year?
Like everyone else I too make these little promises of change yet they never seem uphold. Lose a little weight, smoke less; after a few weeks I fall hard back into the same old routines that I thought needed desperate change, as do millions of us. Yet we all have every intention of keeping the promises made to ourselves but they never seem to last. 
But do we really expect them to?
Deep down surely we know that the facade won't last. That slowly we'll slip back into the same everyday routines. And so what if we do? Surely if we were so desperate for change, we'd change it, regardless of time, year and place. If you felt that you really needed to lose weight then you would make an effort to seek weight loss aid : diets, exercise and miraculous weight loss pills.
My point is do not despair if you don't keep the little promises that make to yourself. If they really mattered they wouldn't break.
My resolution this year: to start this blog and see where I go with it. Maybe I'll write more, maybe I won't. It's not the end of the world if I break my promise.
Promises, promises

No comments:

Post a Comment